Frequently Asked Questions
Q Who is eligible to apply for an account online?
A Customers must meet the following criteria.
- Age 18 years or older
- Have a valid email
- U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien
- Not affiliated with a marijuana-related business
- New customers must reside in Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri, or Oklahoma
- Existing Generations Bank customers can reside anywhere in the U.S
Q Can I still open an account in a branch?
A Absolutely! We would be happy to serve you at any of our local locations. Click here to find the location nearest you.
Q What information do I need to apply?
A You will need the following information:
- Legal name
- Physical Address
- Mailing Address
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Information for the funding of your new account (debit card, account and routing numbers, or bank account login information)
- Drivers License Information
Q Can I add a beneficiary or an authorized signer to my online account?
A Only sole or joint owners may be added during the online account application process. Please stop by your local branch to open your account if you want to add an authorized signer, beneficiary, or other special restriction.
Q If I select to open a joint account, how long does the other person have to complete the application?
A The invitation to the joint account applicant doesn't expire. The account will remain a sole account until the joint applicant has applied and been approved.
Q All of the accounts have a minimum opening balance requirement. Since I'm opening online, how do I deposit those funds?
A We offer three different ways to fund your account online utilizing another bank account.
- ACH: This is a form of online payment in which we will need a routing number and account number from the account you'd like to pull the funds.
- Plaid: This secure portal allows you to log in to your online banking and select the account you want to withdraw money from to open your new account.
- Debit Card: This funding option works similarly to purchasing something online. Input the information on your debit card and select the amount you would like to withdraw to open your new account.
Q How will I receive my debit card(s) and/or checks?
A It you select to order debit card(s) and/or checks for your new account, we will mail them to you. They should arrive within ten business days via USPS Standard Shipping.
Q How do I enroll in online or mobile banking?
A On the approval page of your application, there will be a link to complete the information for online banking enrollment. The online banking system should automatically process this application so you can log in immediately. Once you have successfully logged into online banking, you will be able to log in to our mobile app using the same credentials.
Q I have a business. Can I open that account online as well?
A Unfortunately, at this time, we are only offering personal account for online account opening. We would be happy to assist you in any of our local branches. Click here to find the location nearest you.